Table of contents
- 1. Are there Separate WYSIWYG and Markup Windows?
- 2. Does it support Rich Text Editing?
- 3. What is the Size and Speed?
- 4. Is there Cross-Browser and Cross-Platform Support?
- 5. Is Collaborative Editing Possible?
- 6. Are there APIs for App Integration?
- 7. What About Documentation, Demos, and Tutorials?
- Can I Sign Up For a Free Froala Trial?
Have you ever wondered how you can improve your editing experience and speed up web page creation? Do you use a WYSIWYG HTML editor? If you are a developer or a web-page designer or just a novice looking to develop web content, you certainly deserve the best HTML editor out there. While there are many HTML editors available today, there is one editor that stands out in terms of its editing capabilities, functional features, API support, and extensive documentation.
That editor is Froala.
As the G2 grid below shows, Froala is the leader in WYSIWYG editors. It also has the largest market presence and the highest number of votes for customer satisfaction.
If you aren’t still using Froala, then put your HTML Editor Free to the test with the following 7 factors. Here are seven things that the article covers that can enlighten you to improve your experience today by switching to Froala.
1. Are there Separate WYSIWYG and Markup Windows?
WYSIWYG stands for ‘what you see is what you get’. The best HTML editors have two tabs, one for the WYSIWYG mode and another for the corresponding markup. In WYSIWYG mode, you should be able to update your content and have the markup window display the updated HTML. Changes in your HTML should also automatically update your WYSIWYG window in real time. Here is an example of the Froala online HTML editor’s interface.
2. Does it support Rich Text Editing?
While many HTML editors allow basic text editing, Froala supports full, rich-text editing that includes:
- Basic text formatting, like change font, color, and size
- Format and style paragraphs and blocks of code
- Bulleted or numbered lists
- Tables and individual table cell formatting
- Insert all types of media including video, audio, and images
- Full RTL (right to left support) for languages such as Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, and Urdu
- Markdown support
3. What is the Size and Speed?
Froala beats all other editors in terms of its size and speed. Its gzipped core is less than 50KB and it initializes in less than 40 milliseconds, making it blazing fast.
4. Is there Cross-Browser and Cross-Platform Support?
The Froala Editor is compatible across all browsers and all platforms. We optimized Froala to run on mobile devices, where there is special support for rich text editing and other features. It works well on both iOS and Android as well as other platforms.
5. Is Collaborative Editing Possible?
In terms of functional features, Froala is one of the very few editors that makes it possible for different users to collaborate on different HTML documents. The Froala editor supports the Real-time co-editing of HTML documents.
6. Are there APIs for App Integration?
7. What About Documentation, Demos, and Tutorials?
Froala comes with extensive online documentation, demos, and tutorials. There are numerous examples to help developers build their applications and integrate full rich-text editing capabilities. The best thing is that for any complex issue, you can easily reach our ready-to-help tech support staff.
Can I Sign Up For a Free Froala Trial?
Froala is a beautiful WYSIWYG HTML editor. Not only have thousands of individual users adopted Froala, but it is also the number one choice of small businesses and large multinationals. Froala’s customer base includes Fortune 100 companies and famous organizations such as Intel, Samsung, IBM, eBay, and more.
Froala’s rich text editing capabilities, awesome functional features, API support, blazing speed, and lightweight core make it the leader on G2.
Mehreen Saeeda former writer for Froala, showcased exceptional talent and dedication during their tenure with the company.