Table of contents
- Why should I use a rich text editor in React JS application?
- How can I find the best rich text editor for React JS?
- Does it provide comprehensive documentation?
- Can I easily integrate it into React JS?
- Does it provide RTL support?
- Does it offer super-fast performance?
- Does it provide a seamless WYSIWYG interface?
- What is the best rich text editor to use in React JS?
- Why Froala is the best rich text editor for React JS applications?
- How can I use Froala rich text editor in React JS?
- Should I use Froala in my React JS applications?
Rich text editors are visual web editing tools. They allow you to easily modify the content of your site. You can format text, add images/videos, and insert links without writing a single line code. Therefore, you can edit the content faster than ever before. For this reason, you should consider using the React rich text editor in your web apps. It can make your life a lot easier. In this post, you will find the details of using the rich text editor in React JS. Let’s dive in.
Why should I use a rich text editor in React JS application?
- Enhance productivity: Rich text editor comes with an intuitive interface. It allows you to easily find all the necessary tools. As a result, you can quickly edit the content. It can help boost your productivity.
- Responsive design: Rich text editors feature responsive design. You can use them on any modern device, including desktops, laptops, and smartphones. As a result, you can edit the content on the go.
- Highly extensible: Rich text editor supports a huge number of third-party tools. By using them, you can significantly extend its capabilities. For example, you can implement the Spell Checker plugin to quickly identify and fix spelling mistakes in the editor.
How can I find the best rich text editor for React JS?
To find the best editor, you need to keep a close eye on the following factors:
Does it provide comprehensive documentation?
Make sure to check the documentation before getting any rich text editor. It should be intuitive and comprehensive. Also, it should cover everything in detail. As a result, you don’t have to wander around to look for easy explanations. You will find everything in the documentation.
Can I easily integrate it into React JS?
Does it provide RTL support?
English is read from left to right. However, some languages are read from the opposite direction. For example, Arabic, Hebrew, and Farsi are written from right to left. If your React app supports one of these languages, you need to get an editor with RTL support. It will enable you to easily switch the typing direction.
Does it offer super-fast performance?
As a developer, you want to use a high-performance editor in your React app. Nobody likes slow loading time. It can affect the user experience. Therefore, you need a better solution. The best rich text editor can initialize in milliseconds. Hence, you will never be frustrated with the sluggish performance.
Does it provide a seamless WYSIWYG interface?
The best editor comes with a modern WYSIWYG interface. It allows you to see what your content looks like while you are making the necessary changes. As a result, you can edit without making any mistakes. You no longer have to worry about seeing incorrect information on your web app.
What is the best rich text editor to use in React JS?
Why Froala is the best rich text editor for React JS applications?
- Delivers super-fast performance, initializes in less than 40 milliseconds
- Provides RTL support for naturally typing in languages like Arabic, Farsi, and Urdu
- Allows you to fully customize the editor with 30 out-of-the-box plugins
- Offers a strong defense against all types of XSS attacks
- Provides comprehensive documentation for quick integration and customization
How can I use Froala rich text editor in React JS?
You can quickly integrate Froala into your React web application. Thanks to the simple implementation process. Here are the steps:
1. First, you have to import Froala’s CSS files and the editor component. Add these lines:
import React from 'react'; import ReactDOM from 'react-dom'; // Require Editor CSS files. import 'froala-editor/css/froala_style.min.css'; import 'froala-editor/css/froala_editor.pkgd.min.css'; import FroalaEditorComponent from 'react-froala-wysiwyg';
2. Then you have to render the Froala Editor Component.
ReactDOM.render(<FroalaEditorComponent tag='textarea'/>, document.getElementById('editor'));
3. Finally, go to your HTML file. Here, you have to add the editor to UI by passing ID to HTML element.
<div id="editor"> </div>
That’s it! You have integrated Froala into your React JS application. The whole process takes less than 10 minutes. As you can see, Froala doesn’t require you to get involved in a lot of coding. Instead, it focuses on making the integration process fast and simple. Hence, you will never face any hassle implementing it in to React web application.
However, make sure you have the right Webpack settings for loading the CSS files. You can find all the details right here.
Should I use Froala in my React JS applications?
Md. Ehsanul Haque Kanan
Md. Ehsanul Haque Kanana former writer for Froala, showcased exceptional talent and dedication during their tenure with the company.